Daily Archives: February 13, 2019
I’ve had a number of requests for more info on the Master Classes so here are the most frequently asked questions and answers!
- How does the Master Class differ from a regular workshop? First, these workshops will be limited to just 5 guests. This will allow much more personal attention and one on one time during the field and classroom time. Second, These workshops will be limited to advanced intermediate and very advanced photographers. A 15 image portfolio will be requested from any applicant and a phone interview before registration.
2. What will a typical workshop schedule look like? Morning and evening shooting locations and mid-day classroom work. In the field the students will be free to shoot what they desire, but will also be given assignments to complete. In the clasroom we will do deep diving image reviews with much open discusion about composition, technique and asthetics. The clasroom sessions will be very interactive between me and the students.
3. What is the purpose of the phone interview? To help me determine if these Master Classes would be beneficial to the student’s skill level.
4. What is the cost and what does it cover & how do we pay? The workshop fee is $950. which covers all in the field and classroom instruction, materials and image reviews. It does not cover travel, lodging and meals. Once a student has been accepted into a class a $350. deposit is required to hold your spot, the balance to be paid one month prior to the worshop’s starting date.
5. Who should consider attending the Master Classes? In my years of teaching I’ve met and taught a lot of photographers that can make and do make excellent images from time to time. If you fall into that catgory and want to make wonderful images on a consistent basis, you’re a candate for the Master Classes. The Master Class is designed to help you to make significant improvements to your work and to be able to consistently bring home great images. Practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. You’ll learn perfect practice.
2019 Master Classes Schedule:
March 27th-31st – Old Car City and the Southeast Train Museum Americana Shooting. Full details upon registration.
May 22nd to 25th – Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill Kentucky – Historic Shaker Village, Kentucky Horse Farms. Americana Shooting
July 31st to August 3rd – Close-up school in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Cades Cove
December 4th to 8th Christmas in the Great Smoky Mountains
Hope this helps!