The X-T2 – One Month In…….
I got my Fujifilm X-T2 just before my three workshop swing in October and early November. I had come to love the X PRO 2 and in fact had bought a couple of them. I was thinking that might be my body of choice! The X-T2 has really grown on me, and in fact is my go to body now! Don’t feel bad for the X PRO2 bodies though, they still are still in my bag and I use them often, and still love their own special feel and class!
Why has the X-T2 come to the front of the line?
- The 24.3 mega pixel sensor has more resolution than it’s rating would suggest. I continue to be amazed as the rich detail and files form the camera. (O.K. the X PRO2 has the sums sensor, so this applies to that camera to!
- The dual folding LCD is just so handy and I use it all the time, and really miss it when I’m using the X PRO2!
- The Speed of operation is amazing. Focusing speed, download speed, the operational parameters are all much quicker. The camera feels very fluid and seamless in operation!
- Te shutter release is heavenly, so smooth and so easy to use to get tack sharp images.
- ng ISO dial is a great feature. It’s easy to unlock and change an then you have the assurance of it being locked and not moving until you’re ready to move it! I like the ISO dial on the X PRO2 and in spite of the criticism, I don’t think it is so bad, but the X-T2 is much better. I wish the exposure compensation dial had gotten the same treatment.
- When shooting vertically the Battery Booster is great for improving handling and performance.
When I first joined the Fuji X-System family I knew I had found a camera system that simply worked, and worked great for my style of photography. The lens family is simply stunning and now we have two bodies great enough to take full advantage of them. You might say I’m a real happy camper!!!
This entry was posted on Saturday, November 26th, 2016 at 3:44 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.