Casting a shadow
By the time Tuesday rolls around I will be on a planes all day getting from Corbin, to Reno. The Reno Pylon Racing School is this week, so guess what you will start seeing on Wednesday! Richard Small, Mike Anskat, and Moose Peterson will join me for the event, sorry but more airplanes are on the way.
My Pastor, Tim Thompson shared a wonderful sermon Sunday morning, please let me share some of it with you. We’ve been doing one scripture per week and this weeks was a good one, o.k. there all good ones!
Philippians 4:13 New King James Version
I can do all things through Christ who strengths me.
There are several steps to living this out in your life.
1. Attempt to do something big. Pick a big goal, a goal that matters, something worthy of your time and effort. A goal that honors Him.
2. Get closer to God. You will need him to attack your goal. His fellowship will change everything.
3. Accept the struggle. When you step out for God, struggles will come, but none that He can’t help you through.
4. Don’t strive – surrender. Remember it is God that is doing the great works through you, trust Him and know He is in control and can handle the struggles, the doubts, and the fears. He is in charge.
5. Remain in Him, Abide in Him learn to rest knowing He has it all in His hands.
Doing great things can be truly great, if it is for Him, through Him, and to glorify Him.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 15th, 2010 at 9:29 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.