Daily Archives: August 21, 2021
I appreciate you folks coming here for education, reviews and encouragment. Today I would like to share some encouragment. I’ve been thinking and praying a lot lately about the game plan for the last few minutes of the fourth quarter of my life. I read a book some years back titled , “The Fourth Quarter.” It was a game plan for the last quarter of a man’s life. If I live to be 100 I’m in the opening minutes of the last quarter. If you consider that that is highly unikely I’m definitely, at best, late in the fourth quarter.
Let me get this out of the way before I start, I’m not afraid of dying. I know that this life is just the beginning for those that are secure in Christ’s loving arms. I’m thrilled to know that it won’t be that long until I will be with Him and so many I’ve loved and lost from here. You might say I’m excited to leave this world to be with my Heavenly Father. I have always believed that we live this life at the pleasure of our Father in Heaven, we can’t stay minute longer than is His will for us.
I’m most concerned about fufilling His will for me in this life here and now. After years of studying His word, praying and being taught by wonderful teachers, I have come to some foundational truths I want to share with you. You may have already discovered these yourself!
1. God is in Control and He has a plan, even if we are not completely sure about the details! We can have full trust in Him!
2. His plan is always for the Good for those that love Him and have accepted His Son as their Savior.
3. He wants us to know what Jesus taught us when he was here on earth with us, and then reflect those prinicples, He laid down, as a guide for how we are to live our lives.
4. He wants those people that come in contact with us to be better off than before because of how we represent His will for our lives and theirs.
5. He wants there to be less of us in our hearts and more of Him and others.
6. He wants us to give more than we take.
7. He wants to fellowhip with us and loves when His children come to Him to talk and seek His will for any and all situations.
8. He wants us to put Him above everything else in our hearts.
Well, that’s most of what He is teaching me, I pray you’re hearing those things too! It saddens me to see the strife and hurt in our world today, we can relieve some of that, for some of the people we meet, by simply sharing His incredible love for them!