Daily Archives: January 6, 2018
My daughter, Catherine, posted this on her facebook page, I love it, and it is pretty much what my father taught me growing up!!! Who ever wrote it knew my father, I hope I learned well!!!!
Rules For Sons:
- Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
- There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs ain’t one.
- The man at the grill is the closest thing we have to a king.
- In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
- Act like you’ve been there before. Especially in the end zone.
- Request the late check-out.
- When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
- Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
- Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
- Play with passion or not at all…
- When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.
- Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
- If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
- Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
- You marry the girl, you marry her whole family.
- Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
- Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
- Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
- Never turn down a breath mint.
- In a game of HORSE, sometimes a simple free throw will get ’em.
- A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
- Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
- Thank a veteran. And then make it up to him.
- If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
- Eat lunch with the new kid.
- After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
- Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
- See it on the big screen.
- Give credit. Take the blame.
- Write down your dreams.
- Always protect your siblings (and teammates).
- Be confident and humble at the same time.
Copy and paste. Post a picture of your son (sons).
Have a great weekend, and blessings,
Why the Coca Cola image, my father was a manager of the local Coca Cola bottling plant when I was growing up. I never see anything Coca Cola related that doesn’t remind me of him!