Daily Archives: August 28, 2013
I’m preparing for my first major national park workshop trip since retiring from Nikon, and I will be putting my two part, lighter systems to work! Today I will go over the Fuji X system and later in the week the Nikon system. Remember my goal was to reduce the in-the-field carry system to around 10 pounds. The entire system below, excluding the tripod and mini tripod is 9 lbs!!!
1. Fuji X-E1 body. 16 mega-pixel, mirror-less camera. With Really Right Stuff L Bracket and Grip set.
2. The standard zoom an 18-55 OIS f 2.8-f4 Remember the sensor is a APS-S size sensor making all lenses a 1.5 factor. So it is a (27-82 equivalent.)
3. A 55-200 OIS f 3.5-4.8 zoom. (80-300 equivalent)
4. The 60mm Macro lens f 2.4 (90mm equivalent)
5. The 35mm f1.4 lens (50mm equivalent)
6. The 14mm f 2.8 (21mm equivalent)
7. The Fuji X100s camera with a 35mm f2 equivalent lens. With Really Right Stuff L Bracket and Grip set.
8. Induro CT-214 carbon fiber tripod.
9. Think Tank Retrospective 5 bag (perfect for and extra few lenses and accessories)
10. Pelican case with SDHC memory cards.
11. Think Tank battery holders with 6 spare batteries for each body.
12. Electronic release with built in intervalometer
13. Really Right Stuff BH-40 ball head
14. Kirk table top tripod with RRS BH-30 head.
This system allows maximum versatility while producing exceptional quality images. All this in an easy to carry and use system!!
Next? The high res D800 and it’s support system!!!
Photo Note: Image made with the D800 and 55mm Micro Nikkor
Guess what just went live!!